Constituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as the 100th Division Train, Quartermaster Corps. Organized in December 1921 with Headquarters at Huntington, West Virginia. Redesignated 23 March 1925 as the 100th Division Quartermaster Train. (Location of Headquarters changed 9 September 1929 to Wheeling, West Virginia; on 27 October 1931 to Huntington, West Virginia.)
Redesignated 1 July 1936 as the 425th Quartermaster Regiment, an element of the 100th Division. Redesignated 23 February 1942 as the 425th Quartermaster Battalion. Ordnance Maintenance Platoon, Headquarters Company, 425th Quartermaster Battalion, redesignated 27 September 1942 as the 800th Ordnance Light Maintenance Company, an element of the 100th Infantry Division. (Remainder of the battalion has a separate lineage hereafter. ) Ordered into active military service 8 October 1942 and reorganized at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. Inactivated 11 January 1946 at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey.
Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered European theater (800th Ordnance Light Maintenance Company cited GO 75, 100th Infantry Division